News & Events
Years 1 & 2
Toy Museum (21 images)
Created: 23 Apr 13 10:47 | Last modified: 23 Apr 13 10:48
Owl Man (42 images)
Created: 8 Mar 13 11:37 | Last modified: 8 Mar 13 11:38
Science Materials (8 images)
Created: 8 Mar 13 11:36 | Last modified: 8 Mar 13 11:36
Science Light & Dark (18 images)
Created: 8 Mar 13 11:35 | Last modified: 8 Mar 13 11:35
Poetry & Food (9 images)
Created: 8 Mar 13 11:34 | Last modified: 8 Mar 13 11:34
Art Exhibition (11 images)
Created: 8 Mar 13 11:33 | Last modified: 8 Mar 13 11:33
Drama (19 images)
Created: 8 Mar 13 11:28 | Last modified: 8 Mar 13 11:32
Blunderbus (11 images)
Created: 8 Mar 13 11:26 | Last modified: 8 Mar 13 11:28
Art Gallery KS1 (15 images)
Created: 8 Feb 13 11:22 | Last modified: 8 Feb 13 11:25
Art Gallery Exhibition - Foundation Stage and Years 1 & 2 have had an exhibition of their work in the Blackheath Concert Halls.A private viewing was held on Tuesday 15th January.The exhibition was open to all until Monday 29th January.
* The ‘Owl Man’- Foundation Stage were enjoying a project on Owls and Key Stage 1 were studying Light and Dark in Science so the visit from the ‘Owl man’ was a perfect opportunity for each key stage to learn about the exciting nocturnal creatures. The children got to learn about 6 different types of owls and even stroke one.
* Science: Sorting Materials
Children in Year 2 spent an afternoon sorting different materials into categories such as heavy and light, metal and non-metal, shiny and dull and so on.
* Science: Light and Dark
Children in Year 2 investigated whether they could see objects in the dark, natural light and/or with artificial light.
* Favourite Foods- Children in Year 2 brought in their favourite foods to inspire their imaginations when writing poems about food.
* FS and KS1 Art Exhibition-
In November 2012, Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1 presented an art exhibition that focused on self-expression. The children have spent two terms looking at different artists, from contemporary artists all the way to the masters. Evaluating the artists’ paintings gave the children the confidence and inspiration to explore and develop their own artistic styles.
* Drama- Children in Year 2 explored the actions and emotions of characters in the stories ‘Beegu’ and ‘The Owl who was Afraid of the Dark’. This involved acting out scenes from the stories and making a freeze frame for their peers to evaluate.
* Blunderbus- Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1 enjoyed the classic children’s book by Jill Tomlinson in this funny, gentle and reassuring tale performed by actors and actresses from Blunderbus Theatre Company. The children enjoyed the irresistible blend of live music, puppetry and storytelling.